Best wishes to you and your loved ones for a joyous new year!
How things change in just a year or two….
- In January 2018, we had yet to welcome Rev. Dan Webster as our interim dean and had barely begun the discernment process for a new dean. Our finances had stabilized and we began an era of greater financial transparency. Many volunteers stepped up to lead and serve in our vital areas of ministry, and a garden renovation was initiated.
- In January 2019, we were deep into the interim transitional time and calling for nominations to the dean search committee to begin the year of discernment. We began the year-long process of consolidating most designated funds, so that we operate as “one Cathedral.” We attained the goal (set in 2015) of operating within our means, with a sustainable draw of $40,000 from our investment account to support ongoing operations.
And now in January 2020, as we celebrate just four months into Kristi Maulden’s ministry at the Cathedral, we are experiencing a resurgence in attendance at three services, seeing the successful launch of many new programs, and celebrating another year of fiscal health. There is a noticeable air of optimism and excitement about our future. For example, in the next few weeks…
- You are invited to attend a celebration of new ministry on Saturday January 18, as Kristi is “formally” installed as Cathedral Dean.
- Bishop Michael Hunn will visit the Cathedral on January 19.
- Our annual meeting and potluck lunch will take place on Sunday January 26, following the 11:00 a.m. service.
There is excitement in the air…come join us!
– Charlie Hawkins, Senior Warden and Diane Butler, Junior Warden